25 Dec Mariah Carey is the Queen of Christmas and here are Five Reasons why
All I want for Christmas is you.
Does that song ring a bell? Sure it does. It’s globally recognized as a global Christmas anthem. With a yearly increase of over 1 million in views on YouTube, Mariah Carey’s ballad has earned its 23 year spot as the holiday anthem.
Carey has given Santa a run for his money because, before decorations are even up and we start to figure out if we are on the naughty or nice list, we play Mariah Carey’s Christmas album.
It is safe to say Mariah is the Queen of Christmas and here are five reasons why:
• Mariah cherishes Christmas and exudes a rather shocking amount of cheer. Has any other celebrity ever hung out with a reindeer in the spirit of a festive season? Of course not, that why Mariah is undisputed for this ‘political’ role. She’s so ecstatic about Christmas that she celebrated two Christmases in December 2016 & January 2017. In her own words on Instagram, “Christmas revisited….#couldnotresistanother #thoughitsJanuary.
• She wrote a Children’s book based on the all-time favorite Christmas anthem “All I want for Christmas is you”. Mariah’s dream for her holiday classic was for the song to create yearly memories for her fans. She expressed that she is wowed to be able to bring songs to new generations with the picture book. The book features the most relatable narrative which is tune with the lyrics of the song. The book contains a little girl’s greatest wish for a new puppy.
• In 2016, she partnered with MAC to create a Christmas collection which included 22 items, from lashes and bronzers to glosses and lipsticks. The collection was extravagant, over-the top and dazzling which is perfectly for a sparkly Christmas.
• Mariah still has that contagious child-like wonder when it comes to Santa. On stage she seemed more excited to see Santa than her own 5-year old twins.
• Just before Thanksgiving this year, Mariah had already out up her Christmas light.
All Images via Instagram/mariahcarey